Saturday, September 13, 2014

Challenge #6 Results : Favorite Memories

Challenge #6 Participants :
johnny morell, Jen O, Patrick B Vince, Ric Downing, Christy Campbell, Ian H, Bekkie Sanchez, James Casey, Martha Magenta, shefali arora, Gail Karlsson

Challenge #6 Results :
We had some really great entries this week. It is easy to see, you guys really put your hearts into it. I appreciate each and everyone of you, and have great respect for your memories. I hope you are all pleased with this compilation. Much love. Hugs.
--------------------------------
This piece is titled :
Favorite Memories

Sometimes, we can forget who we are,
And need to pick at those mental scars.
Remember what it was like to be wild,
And a happy, carefree child.
So here for all to see,
Are some of our favorite memories.
Godzilla, King Kong, Mothra, just some of the different kinds of monsters,
Then the classics, like Wolf Man, Frankenstein, Dracula just some on the roster.
Twilight Zone put me in the zone,
For making early under tone.
Choices regarding Planet of the Apes,
Never did I see them eat grapes.
Lost in Space, food on plate,
Chocolate milk and vanilla cake.
Star Wars dolls collection,
Fantasy world resurrection.
I liked playing in the halls,
With dynomite, and squooshy balls,
Mickey Mouse camera, and bottle rockets.
Painting, drawing, reading, breathing,
Swinging on a tire swing.
I loved to ride my bike,
And sometimes fly a kite. 
When the day turned to night,
I was filled with fright.
Summertime fun in the sunset hours,
Fireflies and darkness swirling around me.
I would catch fireflies,
Until it was time to say goodbye.
Gymnastics on the plush front lawn,
If not for sleep I'd flip 'til dawn.Playing tag with several brothers,
Shadow hiding rather clever.
Tag! You're IT! then I'm spinning,
Gotta count 1 - 2 - 3,
Night time hiding so inviting,
Lots of shoooing and tee heeing,
Man! This is FUN! being on the run.
BACKYARD PLAYING!
Tree house, tree fort, looking out,
for brother's scouting.
Penthouse, Playboy, feasting eyes and so much more,
Somebody please check that door.
These were the great precursor of what was ahead, a regular routine,
Lunch, outside to play, in when the lights come on to get washed up and clean.
Dinner, home work, and Mutual Omaha's Wild Kingdom,
Disney movie than off to bed, next weekend I'll do it again.
When I was a child,
I was rather wild.
I used to pretend
My imaginary friends,
And I lived in the jungle.
And at first I bungled,
Swinging on the vine
Drinking mango wine.
I copied a monkey,
And my style was clunky,
But I was no wimp!
I was brave as a chimp.
There was so much to know,
Like, a sloth is very slow;
An ocelot is a cat;
A flying fox is a bat.
And why does a crocodile,
Have such a big smile?
What makes a rhinoceros,
Get very cross with us?
How to talk to a cockatoo,
And to sing to a new gnu.
How to teach a gibbon,
To tie a hair ribbon.
How to have a good laugh,
With a tall giraffe.
How to dance the samba,
With a wild jungle mamba.
To swim in the lagoon,
With a big brown baboon.
To feed a raw carrot,
To a lil' baby parrot.
To hop through the bogs,
With poison dart frogs.
I lived like a native,
I was very creative.
But Dad called me a fool,
And sent me to school.
I became very tame.
What a terrible shame!
Watching my father wrestle,
Was a favorite childhood memory made special.
Fighting crocodiles and bears,
And did this all without a care.
He even boxed with Cassius Clay,
And ended up a loser that day.
But he was Champion Of The Midwest,
Although he's passed away, he was the best.
Sitting up on top of the bar,
From my parents I was never far.
They took me everywhere they went,
Each year at Mardi Gras we spent.
New Orleans was our happy home,
My family ties still there they roam.
I traded kisses for quarters,
From pretty lady supporters.
Putting them in the jukebox to play songs,
To rock 'n' roll my heart always belonged.
I'd put peanuts in my bottle of Coke,
While the adults drank spirits aged in oak.
There was always great Cajun food too,
Gumbo, jambalaya, sausage and meatball stew.
After that the King Cake would come out,
It just wouldn't be Mardi Gras without.
Then we'd walk around to see the sights,
And the carnival floats would pass at night.
My favorite was the Flambeaux Men,
Dancing and carrying torches with them.
Spinning and swaying down the street,
To sounds of a Second Line brass band beat.
When we'd finally get home late at night,
I'd lay in my bed remembering the sights.
Falling asleep to the sounds of the Big Easy,
Playing in my head I miss it so deeply.
Playing Barbie dolls in my room,
I never ate from a silver spoon.
In my mind I would dream away,
That I would meet and marry Prince Charming one day.
Love me, hug me, listen to me,
Something from within needed set free.
Boys I dreamed about, crazy for you,
Papa don't preach, like a virgin, too.
Love to dance, sing real loud,
Always loved to make my Nanaw proud.
Memories I keep forever, would never go back,
Gotta go, gotta go, run with the pack.
Midnight sightings of aliens delighting, telescoping eye opening,
Bing Pong playing, beer bong smoking, toilet spraying.
House party in the basement, black lights shining, smoking raising,
Dancing music, feeling groovy, mushroom trippin, girlfriend stripping.
Innocently playing, heavy petting,
Sets up honest behavior, no thoughts of virginity saving.
Best damn dog in the world, kept me out of trouble,
He was a guardian angel, my dog Buckle.
Waking on Christmas morn,
Before it was even dawn.
Running down stairs to see,
What santa had left me.
All excited and buzzing,
My mind slowly fuzzing.
Did he leave what I wanted,
Heart pounding undaunted.
Smiles turning to cheers,
As all my presents appears.
Ripping and shredding paper,
No one could have stopped my caper.
Two hours later totally bushed,
Who cares as Christmas once again hushed.
When I see kids playing  with their toys,
And cute cute dresses for girls and boys.
I remember the time I used to represent,
The same innocence and enjoyment.
Of all the pampering, I was never tired,
For all my achievements,I was admired.
Unlike today, with pressures and competition floating around,
The bells of childhood have long lost their sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment