Saturday, September 27, 2014

Challenge #8 Results : Epiphany

Challenge #8 Participant :
Ric Downing, Christy Campbell, Tonscher 01, Matthew Gardiner, Stephen Holmes

Challenge #8 Results :
This add on story came out great. The few of you that participated this week really ran away with it. Thank you so much for letting your imaginations run wild and take this story to unexpected places. I'm sorry I was not able to be more active in this weeks challenge. I have a lot happening in my personal life right now. In fact, this will be the last weekly challenge for a while. I will have so little time to spend on my computer in the coming weeks; I don't see how I would be able to find the time to continue with these projects. Regrettably, I didn't even have time to write a good ending for this awesome story. They have been a lot of fun, and I hope to continue with them in the future. Until then, I will miss you all, and all of your nonsense. Please enjoy this story as my parting gift. HUGS.

--------------------------------

Epiphany

    It was the night of Epiphany, during a bitter and freezing winter in the city of Paris. It is often said that Paris is a happy and beautiful city, where people in love like to walk hand in hand and stare at each other, and, although this description is mildly goopy, it is also mostly true, at least beginning with April and ending in October.
    But in the winter Paris is another place. It is dark and cold and sad and mysterious. The sun has set by four thirty, and the streets are often empty by eight o'clock, with people crowded inside the golden-lit apartments and cafes and restaurants. In the evenings, the gray-violet skies always look as if they are about to snow, and never do.
    I watch the couples laughing and kissing walking out of the cafe. I wonder if that could be me someday. Happy and Proud to be In Love. But in my dream, I dream differently. I dream of traveling alone but never lonely. Sniffing the surrounding chilly night air what delicious smells swirling around tempting me with decadence temptations of fantasy dinning! Hearing laughter spilling out onto the open streets from inside those cozy gatherings. I love the Art! I love the Lights! I LOVE Paris in the night! Most of all the sounds of love coming from young couples running around spreading their infectious happiness for all to witness. 
    I follow some lights down into this magnificent alley. Feelings of delicious excitement wash over me as I witness young lovers kissing and grinding on each other in the shadows of the corner of buildings abound. I see a dark stranger approaching my way. His eyes are hidden from all seeing. As this stranger approaches me he ask, "Can you help me, my car is stuck in the snow, and I got no place to go on this snowy cold night."
    I know it sounds funny to hear this tired old cliché coming from me. But this story I'm about to tell you is so very true. It was about quarter to midnight when we made it back to my cottage, really a townhouse on a shady street. towering shadows whispering from the trees. The laughter and shouting were all gone. Nothing left but me and my new friend. 
    As we approach the front door, I heard my puggies yapping and crawling at the door. "These are my babies." I told my new found stranger, "Cherry Bomb and Coconut Randy are their names and they are damn friendly." 
    He just snicker and began sniffing the air. He looked at me and said "You got RATS!" 
    We are only at the front door! In the distance I heard bells tolling .....as if it had became midnight and the bewitching hours had started.
    I must leave my family and begin work at a wealthy Nobleman's home. There I will work for the women of the home. I'm a seamstress. I create these gorgeous dresses. All have unique patterns and the finest materials. All the tools I need are here and I am happy.
    As I grow up with this family, that is not my own. I am taken to fancy dance parties and meet the wealthy town people. But I do miss my family back home. They understand me and care for me.
    One night after all were in bed I noticed a light on downstairs, so I slipped my robe and slippers on to see what was going on. The Nobleman was crying. I could tell he had a lot to drink by his inappropriate words he spoke to me. I try to leave and he grabs my wrist and begs me not to leave him. 
    As I opened the front door the entrance light glimpses across his face. What I see then were hungry blood thirsty eyes staring back at my puggies!It was too late, my mind began to fade. I got the feeling that I just fell into the Twilight Zone. Was I a woman or a man? Am I to be the pleasure of some manly vamp? 
    Then I said, "It's been over a hundred years since anyone was scared by the big bad wolf!" But now we know the wolves has changed. Tearing and fearing with their mighty BIG fangs!
    To my surprise, he preceded to speak to me, "I am a shape shifter! But, I only play with light! I can become anything that is of light and body! Today a wolf, tomorrow a vamp! Aren't we all just fairies in this made up LAND?" 
    Still a little in shock, I stammered, "I suppose at this point, anything is possible, and that may be true. But even if it is ... You are a fairy with teeth!"
    The Wolf now sleeping in the bed of where the man once laid his head. His wife comes home and is in extreme heat. She reaches around and grabs his meat. The wolf howls loud and licks her down. Then giving her all the pleasure her husband never could. Over and over they go and go 'til the morning time.
    Now back to Paris! The stranger at my door leering into the entrance of my home. Cherry Bomb and Coconut Randy pawing at my pant leggings wanting hugs and kisses too. I bend over to do just that, when this stranger pushed me back! "Step aside!" he declared pulling out a silver locket; popping it open as a ghostly mist raises into the air, bringing fear and bewares!
    Cherry Bomb and Coconut Randy dashed out the door and were in a hurry! I ran after them screaming their names and looking back worryingly. For what did I see, lightning and clouds were forming around this stranger I did not know. A mist started raising and grew brighter and brighter, spinning into a creature maybe even three.
    I was so busy running after my puggies and screaming their names, that I finally realized that I was running in a dream. Down the streets of Paris I ran with my babies wearing matching Louis Vuitton leather collars and looking adorable for all to see. Thankfully I left that stranger at my house. I have to call the police and report this madness; when all of a sudden the streets began stretching longer and longer, I run and I run. This dream is becoming quite maddening.
    Then all then sudden it was all so clear. I have been worried and so scared. I sat down right there and asked for a helper to appear. I waited and waited and got up off the ground. I walked in a near cafe to sit down for some iced tea. The waitress came up to me and said, "Looks like you're feeling sad honey. Dear, what can I help you with? Just tell me everything." 
    I was really wanting to just be alone. I didn't want to share my thoughts with someone I didn't know. But something told me to just let go. The waitress told me she was off in 30 minutes. She asked me if I could wait on her. I didn't really understand what she wanted or why she cared so much. She doesn't know me. So I sit and wait, and now we are off walking. As we walk she is doing most of the talking and asks me lots of questions. I feel a headache coming on from all of this. I tell her, "I should probably go now."
    She asked me just one more thing, "Do you believe in miracles?"
    "She was answering my prayer for help." I said out loud in the road. I was a little shocked. I didn't know what to say.
    She told me, "Everything will be okay, you will get through all this sadness and hurt."
    She took my hand and held it to her heart. All of a sudden she shimmered away. I felt a bit lighter after that and got in my car to head home. 
    While I was driving, my mind's eye began to twitch. My story was changing before my other eyes! How was this possible? How can this be? My mind was expanding beyond my forever soul. What came upon me were colours so brilliant and amazingly bright. My third eye was the only eye really able to see. Swirling in mist and cotton ball stew, my body drifting away into nothing. The freedom I feel no words can describe, floating so lightly on butterfly wings.
    I looked down realizing I had left my body then and there. I saw my car go over a cliff. I am free now. My spirit is going into soothing, radiant light. Pink, yellow, white colors are all around.My body is translucent. I float for awhile, until I am greeted by a being wearing a white robe. He reviews my lifetime with me, and shows me things I have been overlooking. He tells me there is still work to be done, and I must return to my body immediately. That I will survive this accident. Immediately I'm back in my body. I hear sirens and chaos all around. I'm laying on the grass, not understanding how I'm out of my car. But I'm alive and half conscious.     Then I looked down and saw that I broke a nail! DAMN IT! I just got them done! I pulled my dazed body from the wreckage of my mind. The nails would have to be re-spruced. Dammit! My only cohesive thoughts told me that the nearest nail salon was my destination. Sandra's was my usual place, and I had a 25℅ discount card. Dammit, again!! But I couldn't be seen without my armor.
    I heard a howling harpy in the distance, and stumbled in the opposite direction. It was cold out here. I tried to pull my pants up and realized they were gone. Dammit! I grabbed a fern and a rope of ivy, tying them together in a way that kept my dignity and, actually, looked pretty stylish.
    Onward, I half-ran, half-jumped, finding an opening at the base of a tree. I decided to enter. I was known as stupid. I had only half a brain, from birth. I was about to find out how stupid I REALLY was.
    I stepped inside, and immediately the floor dropped. I was sliding towards the next part of my story. Unknown territory. "MATTHEW!" I yelled out. 
    I continued sliding downward. Was that MY name, I heard, just then? My ass was beginning to hurt, badly. The voice of an inner spirit? On the way down, I concluded that my natural garb had been ripped from my lower body. I gave up on any thought of re-covering my self.
    THERE! Again, that voice, calling my name. It was so familiar. I turned onto my stomach so that I was sliding, head-first, downward. Now I had another pain to think about.
    Another voice! Was that, yes! Calling out, "TOAST!... TOAST!!...TOAST!!!" Disregarding the pain, my mouth watered, involuntarily. Those were the words that echoed through my mind as I slid towards whatever was waiting. I was hoping for warmth. A BUMP! ... and I was airborne. I hit a solid something, and could only see; SUNSHINE! Rubbing my eyes, I saw writing scribbles onto a wooden wall.
    It read, "JACKS BACK." Or was it, "JACKS CRACK"?
    I was bound to find the answer. For now, I lay my head back down and bathed in the warmth of the SUN.
    The serenity was short-lived, for there appeared a strange being that, for whatever reason, was crouching in the corner, rocking on its heels. I could make out a number of nonsense phrases among the noises that emanated from it. "CREASN LOL...FUKWAT..." I'd never heard such bullshit in my life, but it was strangely soothing. Until the being jumped up and began to dance.
    To my horror, it was wearing less than me. Only some jewellery and a fez. I looked around for a way out as it launched into a rendition of swinging in the drain.
    Dammit! Damn! Help! The wooden wall parted, revealing another figure which emanated light It held out its hand. SUNSHINE! I got myself up and reached out, trying to avoid the babbling other-creature, now performing an unusual cover of VOGUE.
    Just as I was about to take SUNSHINE'S hand, the other-being began to sing. I could make out these words, "Do you remember how this first began? Teeth were white and our skin was young. Eyes as bright as a Spanish sun. We had nothing we could hide." I looked back at the being, who carried on in this way. I walked back, fearless. I put my hand on its shoulder; it turned.
    "It" was a "He" who uttered, "Now, my dear, we are two golden leaves, clinging desperately to winter trees."
    I was overcome by emotion, as I stepped towards the light. I would remember this encounter for the rest of my days. A last glimpse back. He only showed me a last tear, and then vanished. I wiped my eyes, though my soul ached, and I moved on, weary.
    Until a glimmer, a shimmer, the warm SUNSHINE came upon me. As I walk these streets in Paris I think of a Jay Z song, and sing out loud, "That shit cray. MAYNE, BALL SO HARD (left arm up, right arm up, clap, jump back) MUTHA FUCKAS WANNA FIND ME THAT CRAAAAZY (nods head, spins to face back of stage, head left, head right, jump up) THAT SHIT CRAAAZY! THAT SHIT CRAAAZY! (one leg hop, crouch, rise up slow, shimmy like a shark) THAT SHIT CRAAAZY!(face front, squat, make gun with hands, "shoot" audience, run off stage) Babe can we get married at the Mall. You need to crawl before ball come and meet me in the bathroom stall. That shit cray!"
    The only words that came to me, as I ran off stage was, "PENIS FACE!" I wondered where they were from, and carried on running.
    I exited the theater and knocked the arm of a stranger. she made an offer I couldn't refuse. A bathroom was where we were now headed. I wondered what for, as I held her hand walking fast.
    What I thought was the bathroom was really a dark room. She was hiding from the subway flasher. The Famous Flasher was wearing a brown trench coat with black socks and flip flops. She asked me if we could trade clothes, as this would change his path. I was happy to help. We exchanged clothes.
    With all this confusion and mind dropping acid I started to laugh at my own madness! Oh what a night in Paris this has been. Starting with a stranger down that alley half past ten.
    Beep! Beep! Beep! The dang alarm Is going off. This was a dream? So real, so great, I'm so happy today! All my greatest friends I dreamed of last night. Why there was MATT and Jack and Christy too!
Was Ric there making stew? Where was Jenny? Still missing her O? 
    All of this was sure to be remembered. I got out of bed to start my day and was smiling when I thought back. Great friends, great memories, in dreams and in life I've made. So very thankful and grateful to know all of you. A change in life, a change in mind, we all have lived through The happiness comes from staying with you all and knowing I do have friends who really care for me. To send you all a warm embrace and love from my entire being. Blessed be always my great friends. And, the stranger finished her remarkable story, sipping tequila, through the tears.
    My ass was cold from the tiled bathroom floor and I glanced at my watch. It read half past give-a-shit. Hmmm, I wondered if it was accurate. Before a great hand whacked the side of my face, sending me tumbling to the corner.
    I pressed my hand to my face and felt like crying, as a baby would. Looking up, I saw her mightily pissed off demeanor.
    "You fucker!!" She screamed, "fuck-faced fucker!!!" And leapt for me.
    I rolled under a bathroom stall. Jumped the wall and sprung into action! I grabbed her face and kissed it so hard I sucked on her tongue pulling it into my mouth. It tasted like peppermint gum and tequila with cherries! 
    I was a bit twisted and drunk from the tequila tongue I just swallowed. I look in the mirror. I had marks on my neck, and my ear is bleeding. What has happened to me? All I took was a pill my friend gave me. He told me I would relax and that's it. Little did I know he gave me his mom's pills. I sat in the corner, taking in the scene before me.
    A stranger had burst through the door and rolled under the bathroom stall. I could hear slurping from where I was. I realized that I was witnessing man-on-man action. The mystery female had left not ten minutes before. In that time, the waiter had asked to use the toilet. I wondered if it was his lover who had crashed into the room a moment ago.
    I crept out to look for my mystery girl. Leaving the funny folk in the small toilet.
    Speaking of funny, I had a ton of money on me! What the hell! I must be RICH! SO, off to the bar I did scurry! 
    Finding a bar on the streets of Paris was so easy and breezy, that I decided to call a few friends! While I was dialing my cellular phone, I heard my name being called out from the room!I walk down a hallway with purple velvet wall paper. I hear my name again. I open up one of the doors and the lights are all off. My heart beats quicker. I felt frightened. My name again is said. Now I see I have been tricked. It was a prerecorded cassette tape. The door slammed shut behind me. I couldn't see much of anything. 
    "What the fuck!" I thought. All I wanted was a drink! Now I am trapped behind this door! 
    "CHRISTY! RIC! CREASEBAG!" Came the words, from the mystery voice. Mothers little helper was working wonders.
    "What in sweet Jesus name! Is this THAT MATT!? Back from his abduction from an alien race! He was my friend in so many ways. Funny as hell and bent on sin! He is so clever, and wickedly shrewd. To have been abducted seems very true." Said the blithering fool.
    Gobledegook was his native tongue. I asked for a phrase for back door fun. That is another story I must tell! But a lot has just happened, and I am still locked in this room! Rhyming in time, too fine. He played the fool for many. Not many folk knew this. They'd choke if they knew that his real name was Benny.
    I peered around the room and into the corners. All of the sudden, Matt drops from the ceiling, doing a triple somersault with a reverse back flip right in front of me. He placed his tiny hairy feet, with polished toes, daintily on the floor. My mouth drew open. Without speaking, Matt grabbed my hand tightly and put his finger to my lips! "Now listen to me on this cold Paris night, for what I'm about to tell you will shock you with delight!" 
    My mind was buzzing with all sorts of thoughts. Was THIS Matt? Or an alien clone of Matt? Why are we in this dark, shady room? Why does Matt's breath smells of Jenny O's turkey sausage links? 
    I stared at his red highlighted whiskers and thought he just had them done! I also remembered that Jenny O went missing not long after Matt. Misfits were coming up missing, and I'm trapped in a room, with a look a like clone of Matt Gardiner, who still had no profile to go off of. Riddle me this and Riddle me that. Is this really you, or am I just getting FAT? 
    Speaking of getting FAT! I then realized that I had a roll of cherry Lifesavers in my pocket! As I squeezed my chubby fingers into my tightly closed pocket, I felt a tear in my pants seam. Splitting down my right leg, my meaty thigh bursting with pride. 
    Now I've really done it! How is this dream even possible for me to be having? Locked in a room and wanting a drink. And now a hamburger with double cheese and triple bacon.
    "Haha!" He laughed, "Haha!" He would return to this nonsense; as soon as he'd carried out some wonderfully nefarious schemes. To the Ocean I must go. I am sailing to the Caribbean Sea. There I will scuba dive in search of the lost treasure. 
    All of a sudden the door hissed open and a creature came into the room. Tall and thin, with a bulbous head. It held a long, pointy device in one hand. Matt said, "Dear God. It's probing time."
    Out of nowhere jumps Ric yelling, "Ohhh me next, me next!"
    "Probing TIME!" I declared, "Good LORD! HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING? Matt, you brought an Evil Friend! I wish not for any of this."
    Matt spun around and pushed me into a chair. I shrieked and started to fight, trying to push myself out of the chair!
    "Matt, you dirty dog. You tricked me and sold me out to your alien friends!"
    Then my head started spinning and my eyes flipped back inside my head! I was about to have my DNA extracted from my brain! Matt was not Matt, but a clone of his former self. He could only mimic what Matt was about! 
    I felted betrayed and confused at best! I never thought I would be become AN ALIEN SLAVE! Why, oh why, did this happen!? Is it my beautiful body and my gorgeous blonde hair? Was it because my blue eyes were so fair? Was it because I was on the cover of Alien Beings? 
    Then a voice inside my head spoke to me softly. He said, "YOU. Yes, you there, blondie with blue eyes. I paid a 12 months subscription to Alien Beings just so I could have your posters tacked to my metal wall.
Can you autograph this picture for me? Your a super star on my planet. Don't be frightened. I shall take great care of you. But just so you know, you're coming with us. After we plant your clone on this poor planet! It will act and be just as you are, although no more new ideas with ever pop up inside this clone, as we will have to revisit for downloading and rebooting!"
    Zap! I was out. When I woke up, I was inside a metallic cooled room. There were pictures of me everywhere. I heard a noise outside the room. I would have peeked out the tiny window, but I was strapped to a hard metal table!
    "COOKIE MONSTER!" Came the growled words. "ME COOK KEE FOR YOU YUM YUM YUM!" And out from the ceiling dropped all these COOKIES!
    Then this small voice come from somewhere, "You earthlings love cookies, so we bought some for you. We will make you happy because you're a STAR! You have your first public gathering for autographs and pictures on the Milky Way stage!"

No comments:

Post a Comment