Saturday, July 5, 2014

Back When

I wish I could go back,
Back to the land of memories,
Of fairies, elves, gnomes, and trolls;
Swim in the lake with mermaids,
Or soar above tree tops like a bird.
The place where mysteries are revealed,
And there's no such thing as secrets;
All your worries are left behind,
And boredom's not yet invented.
For me I know these days are past;
I only hope to keep my mind open,
And help my son to enjoy these wonders.
Perhaps he'll befriend a leprechaun,
Or ride on the back of a unicorn,
And learn to travel at the speed of magic.
Whatever adventures his day brings,
I'll be there with a waiting bath;
Ready to listen to all his tales,
And soak up every minute detail;
In hopes of catching a small glimpse,
Of my own ventures way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment