Sunday, July 20, 2014

Scratch

Bare your cross,
Say your prayers,
We're about to loss the light.
We've already suffered great loss,
At the hands of the vicious Weres,
And it's a Full Moon tonight.
Thank the horses,
For their courage and speed,
But I think it's to late.
The venom in my blood courses,
The beast is filled with need,
A month she has waited to sate.
The castle is to far,
To make it to the cage,
And safely lock me away.
The beast is now master,
And she's filled with rage,
She will no longer be stayed.
The flash of a yellowed fang,
The excruciating pain,
My hands are now paws.
I feel a guilty pang,
Knowing the race is in vain,
You will become victim to my claws.
The transformation is complete,
I let loose a mighty howl,
And start to taste the air.
Terror has glued you to your seat,
Realizing I'm on the prowl,
But you have come prepared.
The barrel of your gun,
In the moonlight shines,
Pointed in my direction.
I can hear your heart drum,
Within it's confines,
As it fills with conviction.
Looking into my eyes,
You squeeze the trigger,
Releasing a bullet made of silver.
I go still with surprise,
I feel the beast begin to wither,
My whole body starts to quiver.
Back in my human form,
Cold and naked,
I collapse into your arms.
You kept every promise you've sworn,
My life you have taken,
Stopping me from causing further harm.
But there's always a catch,
On your face, I see a scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment