Friday, September 12, 2014

Inevitable

This day started like any other,
There were no clues my end was nigh,
It was too soon for my light to smother.

It was over in the blink of an eye,
Death found me at the end of a blade,
I begged Him for a chance to say good-bye.

The Devil appeared and a challenge laid,
"For your soul, we will play a game,
If you win, with your life you will be paid."

That's when my Guardian Angel came,
She whispered sweetly in my ear,
"This can only end with you aflame."

"Where were you when my death was near?
You're too late, my mind is made up,
Feel free to stay and watch my dear."

"I will stay and watch this setup,
No matter what, I'm on your side,
Even though your a total fuckup."

"Many thanks my angelic guide,
Let's get this game started,
The Devil's waiting, evil eyed."

Shaky handed and heavy hearted,
I looked at the hand I was dealt,
My hope and I immediately parted.

My doom these cards spelled,
So here I sit, burning in Hell,
My flesh has begun to sizzle and melt.

The pain is nothing compared to the smell,
Wish I'd followed my angel's guidance,
Her final words in my head dwell.

"I tried to tell you my friend,
This was the inevitable end."

No comments:

Post a Comment