Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Moon Man

I met a moon man,
somewhere between here
and dreamland.
He was the most amazing thing
I had ever seen.
He was following
the path of a moonbeam,
riding on the back of a shooting star.
He wore a sparkling suit,
made of a fabric I had never seen.
The way it's colors shifted,
with his every movement,
was hypnotically mesmerizing.
Draped around his neck,
flowing behind him,
like an aviator's scarf,
was a dress,
made of the same fabric,
and in my perfect size.
Alas, it was not for me.
He told me he made it special,
for his one true love.
With the magic contained,
within its threads,
she would be able to join him,
on his journeys through the stars.
My skin itched,
to feel this garment worn upon it,
my body ached,
to experience the thrill,
of riding a shooting star.
I asked in my sweetest tone,
"Mr. Moon Man,
where might I acquire,
this magical fabric?
I wish to style my own fashions,
I too wish to have adventures,
among the stars."
He looked down at me,
with stargazer eyes,
and a gentle smile.
"This fabric can only be made by me,
first, I gather the stardust,
that blankets the lunar dunes,
then, it has to be spun,
on my ancestors magical loom."
Slightly disheartened,
but not discouraged,
I pressed further,
"Your lover is no where to be seen,
perhaps in her absence,
I can borrow her dress,
and piggy back a ride,
on your lunar bound star."
A few moments of silent contemplation,
then he unwound the dress,
from around his person,
and presented it to me,
"My lady I would be honored."
In my excitement,
forgetting to be shy,
swapped my attire then and there.
It felt glorious against my skin,
slinking with me as I moved,
hugging my curves with perfection.
He offered me his hand,
to help me mount his starry steed,
I noticed a blush upon his cheeks.
For the first time,
I looked into his eyes,
I got lost in their deep pools,
each eye contained its own galaxy,
pulling at my consciousness,
then he blinked,
bringing me back from the abyss,
it was my turn to blush.
Without saying a word,
I hopped up behind him in a rush,
receiving a shock on my rump,
from the star for my trouble.
He reached around,
pulled me in close,
told me to hang on tight.
Still holding my hand,
securely over his heart,
our adventures began.

No comments:

Post a Comment