Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Shared Inspirations : Romance Upon A Shooting Star

I read a poem called Stardust Fabric by a writer named James Casey. It created the inspiration for my story, Moon Man. In response to Moon Man, he wrote another poem called Misslady Rainicorn. I think together we have created the beginning of what could possibly be a wonderful Sci-Fi Romance. I don't know if the story will go any further than this, but I wanted to share it together in one place.

Update 8/13/14 : Added my next installation to this story. Rogue Pirate Alien 
Update 8/14/14 : James Casey added Cosmic Pirate Captain
Update 8/15/14 : I added Putting A Pirate In His Place
Update 8/16/14 : I added The Kiss
--------------------------------

I dream
Of a better day
Alone here
Up on the moon

Finding the words
To to you to say
The words of
My love hewn

I spend my time
On these plains of grey
Spinning stardust
In a magic loom

Making fabric
That never frays
Sewing clothes
For my planet platoon

Storing one garment
In my secret cache
Made special
Just for you

I promise to come home
To you some day
Riding on a shooting star
Upon the afternoon

I'll present to you
The dress I made
Of stardust fabric
From a lunar dune

In love with me
Forever you'll stay
And forever for you
My heart will croon
--------------------------------
Moon Man

I met a moon man,
somewhere between here
and dreamland.
He was the most amazing thing
I had ever seen.
He was following
the path of a moonbeam,
riding on the back of a shooting star.
He wore a sparkling suit,
made of a fabric I had never seen.
The way it's colors shifted,
with his every movement,
was hypnotically mesmerizing.
Draped around his neck,
flowing behind him,
like an aviator's scarf,
was a dress,
made of the same fabric,
and in my perfect size.
Alas, it was not for me.
He told me he made it special,
for his one true love.
With the magic contained,
within its threads,
she would be able to join him,
on his journeys through the stars.
My skin itched,
to feel this garment worn upon it,
my body ached,
to experience the thrill,
of riding a shooting star.
I asked in my sweetest tone,
"Mr. Moon Man,
where might I acquire,
this magical fabric?
I wish to style my own fashions,
I too wish to have adventures,
among the stars."
He looked down at me,
with stargazer eyes,
and a gentle smile.
"This fabric can only be made by me,
first, I gather the stardust,
that blankets the lunar dunes,
then, it has to be spun,
on my ancestors magical loom."
Slightly disheartened,
but not discouraged,
I pressed further,
"Your lover is no where to be seen,
perhaps in her absence,
I can borrow her dress,
and piggy back a ride,
on your lunar bound star."
A few moments of silent contemplation,
then he unwound the dress,
from around his person,
and presented it to me,
"My lady I would be honored."
In my excitement,
forgetting to be shy,
swapped my attire then and there.
It felt glorious against my skin,
slinking with me as I moved,
hugging my curves with perfection.
He offered me his hand,
to help me mount his starry steed,
I noticed a blush upon his cheeks.
For the first time,
I looked into his eyes,
I got lost in their deep pools,
each eye contained its own galaxy,
pulling at my consciousness,
then he blinked,
bringing me back from the abyss,
it was my turn to blush.
Without saying a word,
I hopped up behind him in a rush,
receiving a shock on my rump,
from the star for my trouble.
He reached around,
pulled me in close,
told me to hang on tight.
Still holding my hand,
securely over his heart,
our adventures began.
-------------------------------
Once I saw a Rainicorn
She flew across the sky
Her curvy rainbow body
Enchanted me in passing by

I had to meet this mystic creature
So I jumped upon my shooting star
Following her into the clouds
Into her kingdom so high and far

Finally catching up in time
I noticed she had a fiery mane
At that instant she had my heart
I knew I'd never be the same

We sat and talked of pretty things
Then she asked me about my clothes
I told her of my magical loom
And how stardust in the fabric goes

She looked at me with wanting eyes
Asking if I could make her a dress
I invited her then to ride my star
Because I had one in my lunar chest

We flew up to my home on the moon
She tried it on and it fit divine
We danced and sang among the dunes
I asked her to stay if she was so inclined

Though I am but a humble living moon man
She accepted my offer with open arms
We live happily now and forever after
Subsiding to each other's magic charms
--------------------------------
Rogue Pirate Alien

My first ride upon a shooting star,
The most exhilarating thing I've done thus far,
The feeling of soaring free through space,
Can only be described as bizarre.

With impossible speed, we reached his moon base,
Gasp! You would not believe this place,
On the barren surface there's a secret door,
Allowing you within without a trace.

Everything from the ceiling to the floor,
Sparkled like the clothing that we wore,
Coated in magical dust I assume,
To be the cause of the shimmering decor.

Tucked in one corner of the room,
Sat his ancestors magical loom,
He said he would teach me how it ran,
After he explained why he lives in the moon.

He's not just a lonely moon man,
He's a rogue pirate alien,
Adventuring the Universe's Galaxies,
Commandeering as much treasure as he can.

Don't get the wrong idea please,
He just wishes a life of ease,
Where he could follow his every whim,
And sail wide the Universal seas.

By mistake, he wronged the Princess Prymm,
Now her law keepers are after him,
Luckily he'd prepared a get away,
And made it with great vigor and vim.

Now in our galaxy he must stay,
For reasons he didn't say,
Prymm's men are kept at bay,
Unable to enter the Milky Way.
 --------------------------------
 Cosmic Pirate Captain

I am a cosmic pirate captain
Living on the moon
I made my base deep within
To escape impending doom

I live here in my lunar home
Hiding from the Princes Prymm
She loved me but I did not her
Now I'm running from her henchmen

The moment I saw you in the sky
My Rainicorn with the fiery hair
I had to have you in my arms
To be my pirate queen if you dare

We can load my shooting star
Onto my pirate space ship
Sail the cosmos deeply in love
As I commandeer kisses from your lips

I will even bring my magic loom
To make you dresses so divine
That hug your curves and flow so well
I can't help but pinch your tight behind

Come with me my beautiful lass
We'll be the outlaws of time and space
I'll even show you my captain's chamber
In satin sheets we'll share love's embrace

Let's go on an adventure among the stars
The moon will always be our home
If we get weary of our travels
We can come back home to rest our bones

I need your answer
Please make it a yes
Be my pirate queen
My heart you possess
 --------------------------------
Putting A Pirate In His Place

What kind of girl do you think I am?
We've only just met, hmph ... men!
Dragging me off to your cabin,
With tales of another woman,
Boy do you know romance,
With me, you've not a chance,
Unless you prove yourself true,
You and me, we are through,
For you see,
I am a Lady.

Oh my dear Misslady Rainicorn,
So long I have been forlorn,
Please excuse my lack of decorum,
I've had 100 years of lonely boredom,
When I laid eyes upon you my dear,
I just had to pinch your posterior,
So round and voluptuous,
Oh so very temptatious,
It's perfection, I had to try it,
After all, I am a warm blooded pirate.

Let's get off with a good start,
A rushing hand shows a careless heart,
Our destinies are clearly entwined,
Let's take time to know each others minds,
This whole day has been so very strange,
My mind needs time to rearrange,
Your world, and mine, so different,
Everything here is so magnificent,
But it's all still such a mystery,
I know so little of your history,
There's so much I need to know,
Before together we can grow,
It might help your game,
If I at least knew your name.

If my name is what you need,
For us to grow love's seed,
I will do my best to remember it,
Over 1,000 years I've just been,
"You Dirty Pirate!"
But since you must know,
Here we go,
My name is -
Aristarchos Brabazon Astor
Caelestinus Gorlassar Ortzi
Haakon Phoibos Zeru
Renowned Majestic
Venerated Exalted One
Bringer of Gladness
Light of the Sun
Healer of the Universe-
For short you can call me Uno.

 That is quite a mouthful,
I think Uno is wonderful,
Short and sweet, number one,
Just like you my honey bun,
Now I need some rest before we venture,
On our first big adventure,
In my own bed thank you,
My bum is not on tonight's menu,
 Now don't read to much into this,
I will allow you a single bedtime kiss.
 --------------------------------
The Kiss

"If I give you a kiss Misslady,
you have to promise me,
you'll give it back.
Kiss me like
my lips are a forest fire,
And all your lungs need to breathe
are flames."

My soft lips
Press against his,
Arms wrap around each other,
Our eyes close.
I experience
an eruption of emotions,
feelings leaving me
wanting more.
A kiss,
so passionate and incandescent,
it will never be forgotten
by my lips.

"What an honor,
to be touched
by the secret keepers
to your soul.
When introduced to my own,
whispers of my
long untold stories
are flushing out
with each shared breath."

No comments:

Post a Comment